The Evolution Of English
- How Do We Know What Early English Sounded Like?
- Proto-English (3rd-5th centuries)
- Writing Systems, Old and New
- Missing Letters!
- Old English (5th-12th centuries)
- The Battle of Brunanburh, 937 CE
- Middle English (11-15th centuries)
- Norman Influences on English
- The Ormulum, 12th century
- The Canterbury Tales, 14th century
- Puddyng of Purpaysse (Porpoise Haggis, 15th c.)
You can find more information and resources related to this video at Charlotte’s blog The Friendly Polymath